Mactrans Logistics is looking for people interested in becoming a Logistics Sales Agent.
- Have you always wanted to be your own boss and run the business of your dreams?
- Are you ready for unlimited earning potential in the Logistics industry?
- Do you want to provide your clients with the best service and pricing options for their Canadian Domestic and North American cross border LTL and TL freight?
- Are you ready to provide your customers with some of the most innovative TMS and Freight Rate Shopping technology available in the Canadian market?
- Are you committed to building something special that can last well into your retirement?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then the Mactrans Logistics Sales Agent (LSA) program may be right for you. Please complete our form and we can start talking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question, to expand the answer.
We pay our Logistics Sales Agents 40% of the gross margin. Gross margin is the total invoiced amount (before taxes) minus the freight movement costs.
There are higher commission splits out there but in those cases the agents also have to do their own dispatching. We don’t believe that dispatch model is beneficial to the agents or Mactrans. If you spend all of your day finding carriers and dispatching trucks how are you going to grow your business? How would you ever be able to take time off? Our Logistics Sales Agents bring in the business and then our professional operations group dispatches the loads. Our program is the best sales focussed commission program we’ve seen in Canada.
No, the world is your territory. Most of our agents concentrate on accounts close to their home but you’re free to close accounts anywhere. We’re looking for Logistics Sales Agents all across North America.
Yes! We will give you all the marketing tools you need to grow your business.
In addition to booking the loads and all operations functions we also provide all admin support. We pay the carriers and collect from the customers. We also carry insurance and the required surety bond to move US Domestic and US Cross Border freight.
No, you are running your own business so all of those expenses are your own. You can spend the money you see fit to grow and run your business.
Yes, you are running your own business so there needs to be multiple sources of revenue for your company. Most of our agents represent other providers in the Logistics industry so they can offer their customers with a full suite of services.
Every 3PL says they offer good service and we are no exception. Let’s face it none of us would be in business if we were not service driven companies. You can see a full list of the services we provide and industries we service. Here’s a list of the things we do a little bit different than the other guys which will help give you something special to provide to your clients:
- Retail Consolidation Programs
- LTL and Full Loads from Mexico to Canada (primarily for the Automotive industry)
- Residential and specialty White glove deliveries across Canada with our Final Mile service
- Direct Drive network across North America for bulky and fragile products (primarily for the Pool and Spa Industry)
- Cloud based TMS that we can give customers for FREE if the business warrants it
- Coming in early 2016 – State of the art, real time, carrier rate shopping program from Freight Rate Canada. This system will make it easy for clients to source Canadian Domestic and CAN / US Cross Border LTL rates.
Logistics Sales Agent (LSA) Testimonials
I’ve been a Mactrans Sales Agent for over 7 years now and it was the best and most rewarding career move I’ve ever made in my life. I started in the trucking industry working for asset based carriers and then decided to control my own destiny and become a full commission agent for Mactrans. Mactrans is a first class organization that supports both me and my clients. – LSA, Montreal, QC
I’ve worked in the transportation industry for over 40 years and have had VP and executive level positions at some of Canada’s largest trucking companies. Instead of retiring in my 60’s I decided to start my own company and become a Mactrans sales agent. I’ve been lucky enough to meet some great people in this industry who have become both customers and suppliers for Mactrans. I work as much as I want and this LSA programs has helped create the perfect life – work balance. – LSA, Toronto, ON
I’ve just celebrated my 3 year anniversary as a Logistics Sales Agent with Mactrans and I couldn’t be happier. I love being my own boss and not having to worry about corporate politics or job security. My accounts are my own and I know they will never be converted to house accounts at Mactrans. I’m also not stuck selling in a small territory in the GTA. I have clients across Canada, the US and Mexico and Mactrans does a great job covering loads for those customers. Mactrans pays me on time and does not wait until they’ve been paid by clients to process my commission. I would recommend the LSA program to anyone who is ready to take the next step in their career. – LSA, Toronto, ON